There are countless car background images to choose from, which can make finding the right one for your website somewhat difficult. But knowing what to look for in a background image will make the process of finding the best one much easier.
What Are the Most Common Types of Car Background Photos?
There are many different types of photos you can use as the background on your car dealership’s website. Some of the most common types include:
- Interior Shots
- New Release Shots
- 360° Exterior Shots
To consumers, the interior of a vehicle is just as important—perhaps even more important than—the exterior of a vehicle. But unfortunately, many dealerships only show vehicle exterior images on their websites. If interior shots are present, they’re often added as an afterthought.
Stand out from your competitors by using an interior vehicle image as the background on your car dealership’s website. Highlight a vehicle’s unique infotainment system, luxurious seating, or other features that are important to your dealership’s customers. Using this type of image as the background of your website will show your customers that you care about the features that matter to them the most.
New Release Shots
If you really want to grab customers’ attention, choose an image of a newly released vehicle to use as your website background. The image of this newly released vehicle will be one of the first things a customer notices once they arrive on your website. Therefore, customers who are looking for the latest vehicle to hit the market will immediately know that they have come to the right spot.
Accessing high quality images of new vehicles is not easy. By using one as your
background, you can make a strong first impression on customers who will probably be seeing the new vehicle for the first time on your website.
360° Exterior Shots
Another way to create a captivating background for your automotive website is to use a 360° exterior spin image. These interactive images are designed to rotate so anyone who lands on your website can view the exterior of the featured vehicle from every angle.
A 360° exterior shot is visually striking, so it will jump off the page. Using this type of image as the background is a great way to ensure anyone who visits your site is able to see the featured vehicle’s unique design, lines, and proportions with just a click of a mouse or swipe of a finger.
These are some of the many options you can choose from when selecting a background image for your automotive website.
What Are the Benefits of Using Stock Car Background Photos?
The image that is used as the background on your automotive website shouldn’t just inform—it should also inspire. But producing informative and inspiring images is far too expensive and time-consuming for the vast majority of dealerships.
Dealers should not exhaust their resources by trying to create their own high quality images for their website. Focus on what you do best, which is selling cars, and turn to a stock image library for the high quality images you need to attract new customers.
Dealers can find all of the creative assets they need in a stock image library, so they won’t have to scramble to produce a video or image of a specific vehicle. This makes the entire process of building a strong online presence for your dealership far less stressful and complicated. It also gives you the flexibility to change your background image as often as you would like to keep your website looking updated and fresh.
What Are Important Qualities of A Car Background Image?
Don’t simply choose the first image of a vehicle you come across online. Instead, take the time to search for a high quality car background image that has all of these important qualities:
- Accurate representation of color: Pay close attention to the color shown of the vehicle in the image. Does the color in the image look similar to the color of the car in real life? If not, this is not the right image for your website background.
Customers only want to see images that accurately represent what the vehicle actually looks like. If the color of the vehicle isn’t accurately represented in the image, the customer may be disappointed when they see the vehicle in person.
- Perfect lighting: The lighting in the photo should highlight some of the most desirable qualities of the vehicle. It should also set the right mood to draw customers in and make them want to see more. If the image is dark or uninviting—or if the lighting hides some of the vehicle’s most sought-after features—it’s not the right image for your website.
- Sharpness: The subject of the image—the vehicle—should be in complete focus. Do not choose a background image that is blurry or out of focus. This will make your dealership come off as unprofessional and untrustworthy.
- Doesn’t Interfere With Content: You should also consider how the background image will interact with the content on your website. It’s important to choose a powerful background image, but it shouldn’t compete with the content on your site. If you can’t easily read the content even after adjusting the font and text size, it’s not the right background image for your website.
- Mobile and Desktop Viewing: Be sure to look at the background image on both a mobile device and desktop computer before making a final decision. Some images that are captivating on a desktop computer may not have the same effect when viewed on a mobile device. Consumers shop for cars on both smartphones and desktops, so your background image should work well on both devices.
- Unique: The right car background image will help you stand out from your competitors. So before choosing an image, visit your competitors’ websites to see their background images. If you want to stand out, it’s best to go in a different direction so potential customers can distinguish between your website and your competitor’s site.
A vehicle image with all of these qualities is ideal for the background of your dealership’s website.
Where to Find High Quality Car Background Images For Your Website
Your search for the perfect photo for your car dealership’s website is over. The EVOX Images database contains over one million high quality car background images that are perfect for dealership websites. Dive into the database to browse through a wide variety of hero shots, interior and exterior stills, 360-degree vehicle views, and unique virtual reality experiences. This massive database is your one-stop shop for high resolution car images for your dealership’s every need.