Stay competitive in an ever-changing world with seven trends Forbes predicts will change the online marketing landscape this year.
- Video and native advertising. Google will continue to dominate online search with in-SERP video advertising (promoted video ads in search pages).
- App indexing. Advances in app indexing will helps re-engage app users and makes 2016 a pivotal year in app adoption for business strategy.
- Mobile sites. According to Google, a mobile-only site with no desktop counterpart is completely acceptable.
- Digital assistants. Optimizing content for easy accessibility to these assistants will help drive online and mobile traffic. They may eventually replace traditional search engines.
- Virtual Reality. It's been called the "next great computation platform" by Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg. On Tuesday, Google announced a new VR division. Between these companies alone, billions of dollars have been invested in this emerging technology.
- Wearable technology. Wearable devices, like Smartwatches, will continue to gain traction and blur the line between online and traditional marketing.
- Advertising costs increase. New technologies and more competitors will increase demand for advertising, which may push smaller companies out of the landscape.